What is 'Abililty for Hire'?
'Ability for Hire' is an effort designed to increase awareness about the benefits of hiring people with disabilities. As we change perceptions, we open doors. Be part of the movement and make a difference.
Do I qualify for Vocational Rehabilitation (VR)?
To take advantage of the services and support we provide, all you need to do is apply as long as you meet these criteria:
- You have disability that is a substantial impediment to employment, and
- You would benefit from services to get into the workforce or retain your current job.
How does the VR program work after I am found eligible for services?
You and your VR Counselor will develop an Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE). This written agreement lists services that you and your VR Counselor will jointly decide on to assist in achieving your employment goal.
What services may I benefit from?
- Vocational Counseling: Adjusting to a disability, planning for the future, and interest assessments.
- Training: On-the-job training, job coaching, and post-secondary training services.
- Employment: Job placement, résumé development, and interviewing skills.
- Accommodations: Personal support, assistive technology, interpreters, education on accommodations and self-disclosure, and work-site evaluations.
- Transition Services for Students: Work experiences, career planning, and a variety of other transitional services for students with disabilities who are preparing for life after high school.
Where do I go for help?
To get in touch with a VR Counselor or to visit a VR office located nearest to you, contact us here.