2019 Governor’s Awards Ceremony and Reception Schedule
Governor Kristi Noem will recognize individuals and employers for their contributions to the rehabilitation and employment of South Dakotans with disabilities at the 2019 Governor's Awards ceremony on Nov. 4. The event will be held at the Capitol Rotunda inside the South Dakota State Capitol Building located at 500 E. Capitol Ave. in Pierre starting at 10 a.m. CDT. A reception will follow at the Casey Tibbs South Dakota Rodeo Center located at 210 Verendrye Dr. in Ft. Pierre.
Governor Noem will present awards to the following 2019 recipients:
- Brad Konechne of Brookings - Outstanding Individual with a Disability
- Carolee Bucholz of Sioux Falls - Outstanding Employee with a Disability
- Cammack Ranch Supply of Union Center - Outstanding Private Employer (Small Employer)
- Five Star Call Centers of Sioux Falls - Outstanding Private Employer (Large Employer)
- University of South Dakota/Sanford School of Medicine of Vermillion- Outstanding Employer (Other)
- Carolyn Schuldies of Sturgis - Outstanding Transition Services
- Nancy Schlichenmayer of Pierre - Distinguished Service
If you plan to attend or need more information, please contact the South Dakota Department of Human Services (DHS) at 605-773-5990. The Governor's Awards ceremony is co-sponsored by the South Dakota Board of Vocational Rehabilitation, Board of Service to the Blind and Visually Impaired, the Statewide Independent Living Council, and DHS.